Monday, January 25, 2010

Chicken Parmigiana!

Yes, it's true, I made chicken parmigiana for dinner last night. So, you can all stop whispering and guessing about my fabulous cooking skills -- they are officially, fully in tact. I rock at cooking. ;) Dinner was quite yummy.

Apparently, this is a fairly easy dish to make, but for me it was muy complicato! I busted out the fresh grated romano and parmesan, the homemade dry bread crumbs, pressed garlic, shredded mozzarella, fresh basil, chicken thighs, egg and cheese dip, flash-frying, oven-baking, cheese-melting goodness. Yummm! And, yes, there are pictures to prove it:

A couple pieces left after first helpings...


Mmmm.... my plate!


Mike, Catherine and Grandma all like.... and Kai wants some!


The Italiano food was the cap to the week-long celebration that was Mike's birthday. On his birthday (after presents...)



...we went out for drinks at Portland City Grill, then dinner at Papa Haydn's on NW 23rd.





I took Thursday and Friday off work... and Friday night we met up with some friends for a little group celebration at Rose and Thistle...






So, all-in-all, I hope turning 31 was fabulous for my husband. I certainly had an awesome 4-day weekend hanging out with him. He's the best!

Love,

Katery

No comments:

Post a Comment