Sunday, September 23, 2012

1 day down... 99 to go!

For the last 100 days of 2012 I'm officially booze-free. So far, so good. It'll actually end up being more like the last 114 days of 2012, but who's counting? (I am -- seriously). I decided over the weekend to add a little extra challenge -- write or blog daily. So, yesterday I made good on my challenge and didn't drink and also journaled. Tonight, even though I'm exhausted and can't wait to go to sleep, I'll also blog a little before bed.

I'm excited to get another blog going. It's created, just not written on yet -- Katery Travels: a blog dedicated to the traveling I'm planning on next year. I'll likely start blogging there soon as I prepare for my trip. But for now -- Katery Designs is still the blog spot. :)

Over the weekend I took Coyla to Sunriver... a fabulous trip. She hadn't been there before, and it was a great weekend filled with hiking, biking, swimming, movies, Friends, vegetarian/vegan meals, and earlier this afternoon we also hiked around Paulina Lake. Beautiful pictures to come... what a lovely hike and some serious quality time with my Little Monster. I couldn't be more proud of her -- with her 4.0 GPA, all of her volunteer and school-related activities, and her general cool factor. She's pretty freakin' awesome, and it was good to see her. I'm hoping that when I move away she'll be able to come visit, (as I hope quite a few good friends will be able to do).

This weekend I had a lot of down time to process, reflect and just think. Coyla's great to go on an 8 mile hike with -- we don't have to talk the whole time, there's plenty of quiet time for walking and thinking. So, between lots of reading yesterday, journaling, hiking, and driving... I got a lot of good, quiet Katery time in, as well. What a relaxing weekend! Just what I needed before heading back into a busy, productive work-week. Next weekend I'll be off to Olympia for a night with Melissa for an adult girls' slumber party at Anita's. Wheee!!

Now, seriously, off to bed. TIRED girl! :)

Love,
Katery

No comments:

Post a Comment