Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Color of the Moment: Blood Orange Bliss

I find myself being inspired to blog about certain colors that I'm into at certain times. During different seasons I'm randomly inpired by/drawn to certain colors, and right now the color I'm most into is blood orange. So, I think I'm starting a new blog category: color of the moment!

I think my current obsession with blood orange began when I spotted a former co-worker wearing this dress from H&M. I immediately wanted it, so went to the store and bought it, (since then a now-current co-worker bought the same one, and another wants it). :)
Today I wore this great sweater I picked up on sale at Anthropologie, (Kai and I this evening headed with Mike for dinner on the Rose and Thistle patio)...
Even last night I made salmon for dinner with blood orange puree...
And I'm currently enjoying these beautiful tulips on my desk. :)

This evening I thought I'd look around online and see what kind of blood orange fabulousness I could find. On Etsy this Blood Orange Jam looks absolutely delish...
...and I found and immediately bought these Real Blood Orange Earrings, (awesome, LOVE).

And when it comes to super cute dresses, these all do the trick...
the Parker Dress in Blood Orange...

...as well as blood orange at Peter Som, Carolina Herrera, and Lela Rose.
And to finish it off, I'm trying not to really drink much right now, (perhaps a cocktail or glass of wine to celebrate cinco de drinko tomorrow), but this sounds amazing and will certainly be sampled this summer... Blood Orange Cocktail.

2-3 large blood oranges, juiced, about 1/3 cup juice

1 oz campari

Chilled sparkling wine – choose from prosecco, champagne, cava, brut, etc.

Optional garnish – blood orange peel or blood orange slice

So, that's it for tonight! Tomorrow night I'm looking forward to watching one of my badass, best friends, Carrie, get her ass kicked on Wipeout, whilst hanging out with Beth... girls' dinner on Friday, and I'm sure more fun to come this weekend. :)

Love,

Katery

No comments:

Post a Comment