Monday, November 3, 2008

Oy vey! Really?!

Well, I put in quite a bit of work to prepare for my final evaluation today. The Vice Principal called out sick, and nobody told me. So, all that hard work goes to waste. Okay, that's absolutely not true. Some of that hard work was wasted, (the parts I wrote specifically for her); however, it was a great lesson, and I thought students responded really well to it. That definitely isn't a waste of time! :)

Today's lesson was about Shakespeare's sonnets, all 154 of them, to be exact. Students were asked to do a "Think/Pair/Share" activity in which they respond to the essential question, "Why are Shakespeare's poems still so popular today?" Then, I lead students through a PowerPoint presentation about sonnets and iabmic pentameter, before students began making their own couplets. I think they had fun with that. Here's the PPT presentation I put together:


Shakespeare’s Sonnets
Get your own at Scribd or explore others:

No comments:

Post a Comment