Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Blues, Birthday and Balloons

It's been another packed past few days. To wrap up a fun weekend, I headed down to the waterfront for a second time to enjoy the Blues Festival with Preston and Melissa. Great music, great food = fun times!

We caught an awesome show, (an act Melissa's seen before), Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. Freakin' awesome! She was soooo great... I can't say enough wonderful things about her performance. I had to cut out a bit early... but I'm certain to buy a CD pretty soon.

Here's Sharon with a bunch of random women she pulled on stage to sing with her. :)


I also found a performance of hers on YouTube so I can share the love:

Of course Monday after work wasn't as fun as Sunday. Grandma called saying she was having chest pains... so a call to 911 and a night in the hospital later, and she's back at home, (actually over at my house now watching "The Duchess" with me.) She'll be okay, it seems, to make a long story short. Doctors released her from the hospital on my birthday... and I came home to a lovely surprise:

BALLOONS!
(Thanks to Erica, Cory and Mike... in addition to streamers and happy
birthday signs all *over* the freakin' condo)...

So, after all the hospital drama, I got to have a quiet dinner at my favorite neighborhood pub with some of my favorite people. Friday night -- standby for birthday BBQ at my sister-in-law's house. Yay! She's always a fabulous host, and I'm looking very much forward to it!

Work, of course, is crazy amounts of busy in the meantime. KATU is keeping me on my toes as I learn new systems left and right... and try to take the reigns on my 4pm newscast, too.

That's it for now! OH -- and the Mississippi Street Fair is this weekend, too! I'll be out with jewelry and House of Six Cats Photography, too, on North Mississippi between Failing and Beech Streets. Come see me there. It's the funnest street fair of the summer, I'd say!

Love,

Katery

No comments:

Post a Comment