Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Day Purple...

Happy May Day! What a great time of year... the flowers and trees are blooming outside, everyone's looking forward to summer, and the weather is all over the place. I heart springtime! I've also decided of late that I heart purple. I've never really liked the color, my disdain growing for it since high school. But I've come to really appreciate, even, gasp, *like* purple! I think some of that has to do with the fact that it reminds me of my mom now. Purple was her favorite color...

My parents bedroom in Nevada was painted purple, as was Mom's bathroom, she loved lavender, and her birthstone is amethyst, which she always wore and loved. I remember being in third grade and buying her a stone with amethyst crystals growing on it from a field trip I went on. Now I love amethyst, and it reminds me of her. Last week I made this faceted rounds amethyst and sterling necklace...

Anyway, this post is not meant to be depressing, it's meant to showcase my new found love for purple. Check out the sweet dress I picked up today at a boutique in my neighborhood, Sweet Jayne. Just $18 bucks. What a steal!! (And check out the new hair from this morning, *not such a deal). ;)
I've also been rockin' purple toes this last week...


And this cracked me up... I just found this picture from a couple of years ago... before a Pink Martini CD release concert downtown. I guess I was feelin' purple then, too, although this one's really more fuschia!


Anyway, I'm now inspired to check out some pretty purple goodies on Etsy, and I found some good stuff! I also found something unexpected and random... a purple pipe. Who knew they were selling pipes on Etsy? Okay... check out Ghetto Billy Glass if you're down with the ganja. Great, now I've got a posting about purple, pot, and my Mom. Weird.


And a sweet agate slice statement ring... Mmmmm... (wheels turning). Love it! Great work by Hawaiian Etsy artist Sweet Crafters.

And a fabulous find... the Brenda Clutch from PaperFlora. SO cute! I love the handmade felted flowers... a super sweet touch.

I love when I find local artists' work that I love... like this beautiful watercolor from PrintMakerJenn. So beautiful! I've always loved watercolors, and this makes that so easy to tell why...
Finally, sweet! An upcycled Purple Rain EP -- turned from record into a coaster set and a vinyl bowl. What a creative idea and a great listing from Nansattic527 on Etsy.



And with that, I would love to leave you with a little Prince.... however, I just found out he hasn't licensed any of his music to be available on YouTube... so nevermind! Happy weekend!


Love,
Katery

1 comment:

  1. On the chart above, you will see in black how prices of the rolex replica uk Submariner No-Date changed from 1957 all the way through May, 2014. In red we marked how the original 1957 price of replica watches sale $150 would have changed had it followed monetary inflation only. The math is simple behind this one. If we adjust the original $150 price from 1957 with inflation to 2014 US Dollars, we end up with a price of $1,265 while the watch actually rolex replica uk costs $7,500 today. This means that one could say the no-date Rolex Submariner costs six times more than it "should." Things are not that rolex replica straight-forward, however. You see, while adjusting for inflation could be indicative of how watches have become more expensive, this must be taken with a (substantial) pinch of salt. What primarily defines the affordability of hublot replica uk products is not just the price and how that changes in comparison to monetary inflation over time, but rather, how rolex replica uk the price of the product compares to people's average income.

    ReplyDelete