Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Druzy Love

Inspired by mother nature... and beautiful druzy-ness... a new treasury! :)





And so to make my own pair of earrings similar to those above... I just purchased a strand of these lovlies on Etsy. Yesssss...


I've loved the beauty of a druzy since I was a little kid. I remember in elementary school in Colorado taking a field-trip to Keystone Science Center -- an outdoor science camp. We explored the wilderness, and I bought my mom an amethyst druzy stone in the gift shop. She kept it for years and years, and now it's floating around our condo somewhere, along with my other collections of crystals and druzies.

A fond memory... I think that was the first thing I ever bought for my mom on my own accord. I'm still drawn to the natural sparkliness of druzies, and they also remind me of her.

Love,

Katery

No comments:

Post a Comment