Monday, March 7, 2011

Fly Away With Me...

A crane treasury...




I've loved paper cranes since I was a little girl. In elementary school I read a book about a young girl who folded a thousand peace cranes after the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima. The story stuck with me, and I've loved paper cranes and origami since then. I've made quite a few paper crane earrings like these...


... and I've also worn and loved this Lucky shirt for a few years...


Anyway, I was inspired to create this treasury yesterday after purchasing this awesome vinyl wall art from NouWall on Etsy. I ordered chocolate brown outlines for the cranes, and my husband doesn't know this yet -- but it will soon be hanging in our living room...


Anyway, that's my inspiration. Now time to chill out and not look at a screen for some amount of time. My eyes hurt from so much computer-ing over the last few days. Even a few hours at work today... too much!

Love,
Katery

No comments:

Post a Comment