Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mobile Update!

Hello all,

Had some fun pics on the ol' camera phone, so thought I'd share. I don't have a pimp iPhone that allows me to do anything cooler than that... Instead I email to yahoo from my Sidekick, and post things in groups... It's a fun blog update, at least. :)

I've been pretty busy at work this week and am looking very forward to a girls' trip to Ashland this coming weekend to catch up with college peeps. Should be awesome! Hopefully I'll be feeling a little better after having the worst cold kick my ass the last couple of weeks... still feeling tired from it!

In the meantime, here's some other stuff I've been up to...

On Sunday I was out in the Beav, so I picked up Grandma and took her out to dinner. We swung by the mall, and I found this super cute dress on clearance at Macy's. Original price = $215. My price? $12.75. Some people out there are feeling pretty dumb right now! It's so fun! I think I'll wear for our anniversary dinner coming up in a few weeks... 3rd year of marriage!

This is me today at work... I went to the dentist this morning and got a $300 teeth-whitening for free, (thanks to referring family and co-workers to the dentist). Do my teeth look whiter? They're certainly more sensitive, (random, intense shooting pain = awesome). The procedure took 2 1/2 hours. Not highly recommended as far as a good time, but the results are pretty sweet, I suppose...

Speaking of sweet. The only way I celebrated Mardi Gras this year was with some King Cake over at Mel's place. Her parents Fed-Ex'ed her the sweet-croissant-like-glitter-covered cake, a big tradition in New Orleans, apparently. Of course, I'd never heard of it. Stuffed inside each King Cake is a little baby Jesus, so whoever gets the piece with Jesus, has to buy the next cake or host the next party. I was so excited that I got baby Jesus in my piece, (of course Mel told me later she put it in mine on purpose). It was still exciting. I brought a piece home for Mike, and got him all stoked on Jesus, too. Ha!


This is a picture from the drive between San Diego and Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago. It was supposed to be like the worst storm in 5 years... so I upped the ante and rented an SUV for my drive. Yea -- this is what the weather did. Not so much, although it did kinda snow a little in Hollywood!

Another shot from the road... I wanted to text Mike the delicious breakfast I ate. Probably not the safest to be taking pictures while eating while driving and texting. Oh well. I survived! The lox, cream cheese and capers on a toasted bagel did not survive long, however.


I can't remember if I shared this picture already, but it's the pimp ring I bought in Old Town San Diego. Love it!


Finally, the view from the hotel in SD. So lovely! It's been raining for days here.
Oh well, I still love P-town!

Okay, that's it for tonight. Off to beddy-bye!

Love,
Katery


No comments:

Post a Comment