Thursday, April 23, 2009

Beerings Are Here!! :)

Finally -- these earrings I've been wanting to make for the last year or so... came into fruition this afternoon courtesy of a little Earth Day inspiration... and my Dremel.


I raided my sister-in-law's bottle caps last weekend... and found these lovely little New Belgium Fat Tire caps, (one of my personal favorites -- so I guess I'll have to buy some and drink more). For all my Portland reader/friends -- save me your bottle caps so I can make more earrings! Remember -- keep those dents with the bottle opener to a minimum. That's tough for me to do. I've ruined quite a few perfectly lovely caps courtesy of a bottle opener.

For now I've got these, plus Widmer Hefeweizen caps, some Pacifico caps, and a few Sierra Nevada caps, (courtesy of Dad's visit). :) I'm not a big beer drinker at home... so keep me in mind! I know my friends love beer.... so I think a lot of hipster Portlanders will like these earrings, too!

I just listed this pair on Etsy. Here's that listing:

NEW BELGIUM BOTTLE CAP BEERINGS

P.S. I sanitized these caps before creating these earrings... safety first! :)

Anyway, that's about it for today. I'm working on more jewelry this afternoon after a full morning of taking Grandma to the doctor, the grocery store, and Burlington Coat Factory for a Spring rain jacket. Believe it or not -- SHOCK -- I didn't buy anything... although there was a super cute green Calvin Klein rain jacket. Hey, being unemployed sucks... and I've got enough clothes, anyway.

Have a happy Thirsty Thursday! :)

Love,

Katery

No comments:

Post a Comment