Friday, April 3, 2009

Wedding Season... Anniversary Vacation!! :)

Wedding bells are ringing this April!!
Mike and I are celebrating our first year anniversary on April 5th, this Sunday! We're headed to Palm Springs on Saturday for a visit at my Aunt and Uncle's in La Quinta, California... with day trips to Los Angeles and San Diego, too! It's perfect timing, since Mike got laid off today. Corporate layoffs... a lot to get into. Several others were laid off, too. :( We're very excited to stay with family and drive my Uncle's Cadillac all over Southern California. Thank goodness for family!! We're also stoked to see a lot of friends in the area and enjoy all the SoCal sunshine, pools and golf that await us! Mike's pretty chill about the work thing... a good severance check, a solid tax return, and a job lead in Portland already = a mellow husband ready for vacation! So, we're hoping to have a great time on our trip!

In the meantime, this week I've been super busy busting out 5 pairs of these lovely silvery clear swarovski crystal earrings for our former co-worker Keely!



She and her fiance are getting married in Scottsdale... and we worked together to come up with these earrings for her 4 bridesmaids... plus a pair for her! They were a lot of work, but I think they turned out great. Keely's getting married later in April... as are our friends Jenn and Marco. Yay for April weddings! As our friends prepare to tie the knot, I'm thinking about what the first anniversary gift is -- traditionally, it's paper! Mmmm... we'll see what I come up with.

Since it's early Friday morning now, and Mike and I are leaving for Cali manana to celebrate our anniversary... this will be my last post for a few days. We'll be back Thursday night... and I'll be back to updating my blog then.

Hope everyone has a fabulous week... and I'll be sure to post pictures later!!

Love,

Katery :)


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your anniversary! It will be our year in August (and our 7th year together). Whew!
    Love all those brides you found on Flickr. They're awesome. Check out these vintage bead earrings (at the bottom of the post) that I wore on my wedding: http://paperladyinvites.blogspot.com/2008/09/wonderful-etsy-artists.html

    We are both pretty awesome huh? What part of Portland are you in? You can email me.

    -chelsey

    ReplyDelete