Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Little Funk

Just listed on Etsy this morning are these daring earrings:
I took seven hematite rounds and tied them together with sterling silver, a funky pounded sterling headpin at the base, and a great sterling ear wire on top. They're a bit heavy but FUN and funky and perfect for someone who dares to wear a statement piece. Check out this new listing here: Lucky 7 Drip Earrings

In the meantime, I've been busy crankin' out jewelry. Last night I made quite a few pieces after a "restorative" trip to the mall. I cruised over to Lloyd Center to pick up a driver's manual for my newly-moved-to-Oregon Grandmother. I think she's pretty worried about taking a written driver's test, (as all new residents are required to do). We went over a few practice questions online last night and her answers were... questionable.

Anyway, while I was at the mall I found a super clearance shirt at Express and also decided I liked being out of the house... so grabbed some edamame and steamed dumplings in the food court... and decided to go see 17 Again in the mall theater. I'm a fan of the occasional movie by myself. This one was perfect for that, as I don't think I know anyone interested in seeing this movie. I wasn't particularly interested in it, but I was particularly interested in checking out Zac Efron. Sure, he's really, really, really pretty... so, there's that. But I also wanted to see if he could act, (I haven't seen the HS Musical movies or Hairspray, so I've never actually seen him act). Anyway, it was all right. Hard to tell in such a predictable, cheesy movie. But he was definitely hot. Shirtless scene right off the top. Nice. I also enjoyed the wooing of the older woman, Leslie Mann, who cracks me up. I loved her in Knocked Up. She kind of reminded me of... me.

Speaking of Knocked Up.... If you liked the movie as much as I did, funny out-takes are on YouTube: HERE

That's it for now. Doggie wants to go on a walk! Later!! :)

Love,
Katery

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I was interested in seeing that movie too! Ha! It may have a little to do with Zac Effron. But, I'm not a see a movie by yourself person. Haven't seen the HS movies either.

    Love the new jewelry!

    -chelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chelsey! Next time I want to go see a lame movie with a hot guy in it... you'll be on my date list! :) P.S. I'm in love with Ryan Reynolds... and will need to see The Proposal when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete